The proper way to wear a mask is an essential step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 combined with everyday preventative actions such as washing hands and social distancing in public settings.
The following are quick tips on the proper way to wear a mask, and CDC poster for full instruction.
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask.
- Put it over your nose and mouth, secure it under your chin.
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
- DO NOT put the mask around your neck or on your forehead.
- DO NOT touch the mask. If you do, wash/sanitize your hands with disinfectant.